Thursday, October 29, 2009

1 year, 36 weeks

Last Saturday was a little rough. Rob was away, it was rainy, and Zack had the sniffles and wasn't sleeping well. After waking up very cranky from a not-very-good nap, I decided that we might try something new. It worked. He was totally amused by seeing doggies on the TV and he forgot his crankiness.

He was also amused by me whacking my head on the windowsill. I much prefer the former rather than latter form of entertainment, I have to say.

Things got better from here on out, if not primarily because I remembered the joys of Motrin.

Sunday dawned much better, complete with an appearance by the sun! This was perfect timing as we had a Halloween party to go to.

Zack was one of his favorite things--a dog.

The best part of the costume? The tail wags when he walks!

That's him being shy and afraid of jumping right into things. Or not.


He loved the bat balloons and kept walking off with them.


One of the boys was dressed as a soccer player, complete with soccer ball. When Zack saw a couple older boys playing soccer, he got so excited and ran right over to them. And then picked up the ball and started walking away with it. I had to intervene and apologized to the boys, saying Zack didn't understand yet. The one boy said, "He doesn't understand because he's 1." Yeah, that's pretty much it.

We had a little parade and then all sat on the stone wall. The younger kids all had a look of "what are our parents doing to us now?"

Zack was quite happy to play with the other animals...I mean kids, too. That's a lion next to him.

This whole thing took place about 10 minutes from home, but he fell asleep almost as soon as we got in the car to head home! He had a much better nap that day!

***************************************************************************

On other and assorted topics, he has a new phrase that just cracks me up. When he wants to go somewhere, especially outside, he marches to the door, saying "Let's go......Hut 2, Hut 2." The first time he said that I nearly fell over from laughing so hard!

And, I think he might be working on having big feet. That's no optical illusion--his feet really are that big compared to mine.


I hope all you ghosties and ghoulies have a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

sweet pictures and well informed on his activities-nice job in doing that for all of us since he is the youngest of them all. More fun seeing him explore new founding things each week or so.

Just so you know, I have picked up the knitting needles again and this time I am going to finish the sleeve on that purple sweater that I started, what 5 to 6 years ago. I may enter it into the town fair next year, as long as it looks okay and the sleeves will be even!! lol

Mom/Nonnie said...

I'm so sorry our little guy had the sniffles. It's nice he had all those animals to play with at that party.