Sunday, June 05, 2011

Summertime

So Zack faired very well with Grandma and Papa. And to their credit, Grandma and Papa didn't leave the second that Rob and I arrived home! Rob and I went to pick the little guy up at school the day we got back. When we walked in the room, he looked at us for a minute, then asked "Where are Grandma and Papa?" 

We've been busy since then. Zack's school had an end-of-the-year celebration last Friday, with a Mardi Gras theme that included yummy food and pony rides. It was lots of fun!

We spent a lot of time outside this afternoon, with Zack doing a great job of alternately helping us, making "cupcakes" (this involved water, dirt, weeds, and a watering can, with just the right amount of stirring), picking wild strawberries, and otherwise amusing himself.  I suspect that he'll turn a few shades lighter after his bath tonight.

And yes, his shoes are on the wrong feet. He put them on himself and he adamently insisted that they were on the correct feet. Aside from being VERY disconcerting to us when watching him walk, there was no harm done, so it seemed a battle that need not be picked.

I'm on my way to Providence, RI, for a conference as I type. I was telling Zack that I was going on a trip, and I got the requisite "don't go" that I was expecting. I told him that I had to go but I'd miss him. "I'll be sad when you leave, Mommy."  Yikes! That really tugged on those heart strings!

1 comment:

Mom/Nonnie said...

How nice for him to have that time with George and Carla.