Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Maybe that 10 lbs IS water retention...

(refer to Anita's earlier comment).

I stopped by the house this afternoon and they were sanding away at the floors! They'll stain and varnish before they leave today! Yeah!

Of course, you never know what you'll find when you sand hardwood floors. What we found was a bunch of dog/cat pee marks, and I swear they weren't all from Abi and Emmy Lou. There were too many for them to bleach (read: they didn't want to and we didn't really want to slow them down so we bought their story. There were a lot of spots.), so we had to go with a slightly darker stain than we wanted, but it's still lighter than before.

They'll finish painting Friday and put the cabinets in over the weekend as well.

Now that there will be no more 4 am ruminations on my part about how they'd finish the floor while we were in the house, what ever in the world can I worry about now?

4 comments:

abi's mom said...

PS I PROMISE we'll post more pictures this weekend!

Anita said...

wow, sounds like they're making some real progress! I can't wait to see the floors (bet you can't wait either). There's nothing like refinished hardwood floors. I even love the smell!

abi's mom said...

They had all the cardboard and tools and everything off of the floors when I got there and even that was exciting! And I don't think I'd been in the addition on a sunny afternoon--I'm going to love that room!

Anonymous said...

I can see a riot of colors from your plants in that sunny spot. A darker stained floor is good- not to worry>