Sunday, September 01, 2013

One week down

I feel like I've been telling everyone I talk to about Zack's first week of kindergarten, so I forgot that I hadn't checked in with the blog. I think we were all a bit tired, and there was about a ream of paper worth of forms to fill out (yes, more of them. ugh).

Let's just start by saying that he did AWESOME! He came home the first day and said "Mommy? I was shy at first, but then I made new friends." That warmed my heart to no end, let me tell you.

By day two, he acted like it was no big deal. He went right into his classroom, he was happy as a clam when I picked him up from aftercare. There is apparently some sort of behavioral chart in the classroom, where blue is excellent behavior, green is good, yellow is a warning, and red is big trouble. He informed me that he was in the blue zone on the first day. One day everyone dropped down to green (he wouldn't tell me why), but he was back up to blue the next day. He likes his teacher, and is having a great time in the aftercare. Really, we couldn't have asked for a better first week. We're so proud of him!

No comments: